Train Wreck Below

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Me gustas la comida, me gustas tu

Mexico!!! Land of white-shirted, Catholic bus-drivers, pudgy little brown children with sweet smiles and wise faces, somebody's abuela marinating pork in chili, impish young men who always look like they're up to something, bright happy colors, and this is only my first real day.

There is also my mother. Whose voice has not gotten any quieter or less shrill. And whose jokes have not gotten an iota funnier.

If I was making a film about this place, Manu Chao would be all over the soundtrack. It's just that kind of place. If you don't know who Manu Chao is, check him out. I love his music, and he seems like such a nice guy.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger VVM said...

Christmas in Mexico is the BEST. There's a parade at night and all. Have a blast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Content